Blair going - Peace in our time?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shambles, Jun 27, 2007.

1. shambles

shambles Guest

There's a strange irony at work here somewhere. How can the british prime-minister who waged war on the middle east, suddenly become an envoy for peace in the middle east? Surely it would have been easier just to have not started the wars in the first place? Anyway, he's gone, and peace is just a little bit closer...

2. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

errrr. not to get on my soap box again in one day but please dont believe everything in the press.

As the public we arent told everything that goes on, i work in the forces industry and from what i see through my work (even though im not privvy to all the information) i can tell the media is fed stories which arent right, Whats worring is there were weapons of mass destruction, we ( i mean our government) saw them they watched them being moved into the bunker area's they searched, the means by which they watched them techinically isnt legal and so they can really come out with it. The weapons did exist, and still do,but somehow they managed to move them away from were they were before we got their, we havent found them yet, doesnt that worry anyone? lol
    Tony Blair did the right thing in my opinion, hell yeah , its a false war to us but i can guarentee he would have many many advisers making this decisions for him, it wouldnt have just been his decision. Also how can getting rid of Saddam be bad thing? All the kurds gased and butily killed for not comforming and being , Kurds and thats just one bad bit he done. Girls now over their and in Afganistan attend school, getting an Education, surely this is one think which show hope for their country this is what going to help secure peace.

We've also wiped out and taken control of a lot of the poppy fields, in which Herion is made and stopped its production from my of its sites, how can this be a bad thing?

Sorry i promised not to get on the soap box and i took one step on it lol

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  3. shambles

shambles Guest

Thing is, I thought Bush wanted to attack Iraq because the Iraqis flew planes into the trade center (or am I getting confused? Was it the Afghans did it?) and Blair is his friend, so we joined in, but of course, then it turned out I was wrong, and it was really about WMDs and the sure and certain knowledge the Iraqis could attack the UK in 45 minutes - but that doesn't explain why the USA needed to be involved. Was that because regime-change is not allowed under the constitution? Oh, hang on - I'm forgetting Al Qaida. Who they? Are they Iraqis, Afghans or Iranians? No - now I am getting mixed up - we want to bomb the Iranians because of nuclear WMDs... Al Qaida are Saudis, well some of them, anyway... And the Taliban used to be our friends when they were fighting the Russians (or am I thinking Al Qaida, again?)...

No-one in the middle east is safe from us. Except for Israel, because they are us. Before I ever vote Labour again, I want to be sure that Brown isn't a crusader...

4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

It is all about oil? hmmm...what could oil have to do with the fact Blair and Bush waged war over there? (I like the move of bolding these letters)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

although im not 100% sure the afgans did do the towers, i dont believe the consiracy that america did it to them selves i just dont really think it was the afgans either.
    The oil was a very good by product, even though they dont admit it it is, american have closed a lot of there oil plantations and we shut down our coal mines to get oil from abroad. Why? The big picture, when everything else in the world runs out we have our own supplies, thats way we pay forgien countries over the top for their oil, when theirs runs out we charge them even higher for ours now were the richiest again :@) my opinion anyway lol
    But no the iraq war was to do with a lot more than just oil, its been a very big bonus but not why we went, dont forget the killing of the kurds these where nasty people (not the kurds!)
    Hilter did it to the jews and tried to take countries by force (albeit on a bigger scale) but nobody accused america then of just getting involved to get the experimental stuff the nazi's were working on even though it was years ahead of anyone else's, because they threatened us we set to war, because we set to war on saddam for doing the same on a smaller scale, we were just after oil?

I could be wrong though it may of just been for the oil, I like this topic good for conversation and debating

We back america for many reasons, one to help our own defences, if another big country attacked us we'd be doomed, but now we got big buddy america chums with us, its better to be with them than against them.

6. shambles

shambles Guest

I agree - the Americans definately didn't do it to themselves. For a start, the CIA are no-where near bright enough to have thought of it, or organised enough to have carried it through - although of course the government is easily ruthless enough to have ordered it! Conspiracy theories usually hide incompetence - we like to think there is a big plan, but there is really only stupidity and lies...

I also agree Saddam was a bad man, and the Taliban's attitude to women sucks, but in the long term, our intervention is going to cost way more lives. But we'll have control of the oil (hooray!)...

The USA gained big time out of WWII. Lots of captured nazi scientists helped their weapons program no end through the 50s, and the 'experiments' carried out on the jews provided a wealth of information for bioweapons and cosmetics...

I'm pretty sure that was originally said in arabic by a certain saudi gentleman... Bet he's not saying it now!

7. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

very true lol :rolleyes:

8. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

One thing mate....why haven't these weapons been used against the US/UK etc if they still exist ?

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

We all know the Americans didnt do 911 to themselves but the thing is we supplied Saddam with his weapons (by we I mean the US,UK and other allies).

We also supplied the Taliban with Weapons and showed them as being heroes for freedom against the Russians in films such as Rambo 3.

WMDs was the reason we were told for going into Iraq none could be found so it was then shifted to say oh that Saddams a bad bloke lets get him instead.

I agree with the post above that said the CIA were not clever enough to invent 911 because they knew of the threat before hand from Osama Bin Laden but didnt do anything because they didnt think that people from Osama's culture had the tonacity to even try.

And I am sorry to say but we believe in the West that we are so very good and people who dont follow our way are so very bad and that is why they attack us.

Tony Blair has been given the job of peace envoy by Bush n co because he follows orders well and hasnt got the guts to say no Mr president you are wrong

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. shambles

shambles Guest

Here's an interesting link:

http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/imperial-history.html

The same site has a map of American wars which is also really illuminating... I'd love to see them do one based on countries/states who have 'started' wars - I reckon it might be a close call between the USSR and USA...

I think that is broadly right. Hamas are obviously unimpressed, as they have every right to be, so I don't think Blair is going to change much for Palestine. I guess from a western point of view, the best possible envoy we could have is a useless one - we can carry on as usual and pretend to be horrified...

11. greenbrucelee

EXACTLY:D

12. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Any of you lot think Brown will stay in power next year ?

I think Cameron might edge the votes.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  13. greenbrucelee

Cameron mmmmm dont know about him, but I think Labour will lose the next election for a couple of reasons.

1. Browns economic results
    2. The fact that he introduced a sh** load of stealth taxes/policies that are going to be around for the next decade or two

But what I want to see is how Brown gets on with Georgy Bush that will be very interesting.