Bit of advice

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Nov 18, 2013.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK, so i have that interview tomorrow but ive badly injured myself.

I play footie every Sunday, and i was in a bad challenge, basically a blokes knee went into the back of my calf. At first it was just slightly sore, but as the nights got on and as ive woken up this morning, i struggle to walk, and nearly fell down the stairs where i live because of it.

Later im going the hospital to get it looked at and possibly some crutches.

So what do i do about tomorrow, I mean im meant to be at an interview for 11 am, using public transport, should i go and hope i dont do any further damage or should i ring up and ask them to put it back a few days???

I really dont want to at all, its horrible to be in this situation, its very rare i miss anything through injury or sickness to be fair, and if i thought id be ok i would go.

Any ideas what to do, and would this look bad on me as a candidate??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

It's always difficult to give advice, but in my opinion, if I was in the situation you've described, I would consider it necessary to let the know as soon as possible of any change in your circumstances that could affect your appearance, and successful performance in the interview.

The earlier they know, the easier it may be to reschedule or make any special arrangements to accomodate you. They should also consider it a professional courtesy, and an indication that you consider the event seriously.

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well i rang up, but to ask the woman from HR's advice. She was nice but said there is no way they could reschedule the interview etc, so im still going, which is what i want but they now know that ill be going there with a limp, rather than turning up with a limp

Cheers for the advice though

Zx

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680