BIOS

Discussion in 'A+' started by devip, Nov 22, 2004.

1. devip

devip Bit Poster

hi all, i have some more questions on OS fundamentals which i would like to hear your opinion.

Admin Edit: Copyright material removed.

Cand E gives as the information about IP address. I don't know anything about netstat.Ping will give you the connection information between two computers. Arp resolves the Mac address with the Ip address.

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

1, 2, and 3 all look good to me but I'm not sure about number 4, they both perform the same function.

ipconfig is for NT, 2000 and XP
    winipcfg is for win9x

I suppose if you connect from a 2K system to find out then it's okay.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

as far as 1 is concerned, surely the last thing it would do there would be either reading the MBR, or accessing the active partition. i think the first thing the bootstrap loader does is look for the bot sector. i could be entirely wrong on this one tho, im a bit hazy on it.

2. personally i would've said "GET YOUR BLOODY DIRTY MITTS AWAY FROM THOSE DAMN FILES!!!!". I wouldnt remove them at all, i wasnt even under the impression that you COULD in that situation.

3. yup i agree with that.

4. not sure. i agree with ipconfig. but beyond that........

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present