Bios Emulator

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

ive been having a look for a program what is essentially a Bios Emulator. i was just thinking that (especially for remote support), it would be handy to have a program that would load a particular version of a certain BIOS (perhaps even for a specific model), that emulates the look of that particular bios, allowing you to navigate around and see what you would see were you sitting in front of that PC. This would mean that you could talk the user through adjusting a setting in Bios much easier.

Cant seem to see one though. anyone know if there is one around?

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I don't know of anything that does what you are looking for ferg, but Boyce posted something about a tool that tells you what error codes mean when outputed by the BIOS in this thread.

The downside is that you have to physically plug it into the PC.

Anyone else know of anything better?

:blink

3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

a post probe. ive actually got one. nice little tool. but not what i was thinking of.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

yeah, it would be handy.... Let me know if you find 'out. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

The problem with this idea is that many BIOS (especially Phoenix BIOS, I think) are custom built for the model of PC so it would be difficult to do.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270