Bin laden

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by alexdc12, May 3, 2011.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

So bin laden is dead, who thinks there may be utter chaos on the horizon now?!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I can't see there being any more or any less chaos than there is now.
    The world is completely bonkers.
    Are we at war with everyone?

On a lighter note, I saw a joke the other day which went something like:

Egypt - people rioting in the streets to protest about a lifetime of oppression.
    Libya - people rioting in the streets to protest about a lifetime of oppression.
    Syria- people rioting in the streets to protest about a lifetime of oppression.
    Bristol - people rioting in the streets to protest about a new Tesco.

Kind of puts it into perspective...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Agree Jonny, One Madman down, 6.915543 billion possible Madmen (and Women) still alive.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I know, those 3 countries don't know what Bristol has to put up with :twisted:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. dingy

dingy Bit Poster

It seems like he was a bit of a spent force anyway and was more of a figurehead than an operational asset,but it was good to see him dealt with in the manner he deserved. Hopefully they'll get a few more of the leaders and we can all live in a bit of peace.

Certifications: A+,N+,MCDST
    WIP: Relax
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Bin Laden is a patsy for the CIA, surprised they admit hes dead, still sure they'll manage to carry on their 'war on terror', and if that fails they'll invent a 'war on tomatoes' or some other nonsense..

Not really, I think the real issues are far more complex, corrupt regimes are generally installed to benefit corporations, foreign powers or oligarchs in the first place.

Its good that there is more real political struggle in the UK, generally its been heavilly suppressed, the minors strikes, the poll tax etc, the fuel protest, the Iraq war, and the government rail roads everyone each time. Did the police beat any innocent men to death this time ?

When they get democracy in these countries lets hope its not the vote rigging democracy, or the failed economic liberalism of the US...

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  7. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

A few text messages i have received today:

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  8. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

As long there is religion, there will be a messed up world.

And by this I mean the inability of most human beings to think of each other as fellow, not segregated and oppressed.

In an ideal world we would all be humanists. :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Kids today, eh? :rolleyes:

:biggrin

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Quite strange that they've been searching for him for 10 years now without a clue and right now when the US is facing heavy criticism on all fronts in the middle east and europe about Libya, they just pop up with intel and can find and kill bin laden within 48 hours. I guess that's one way of deflecting the worlds attention.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

double post

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

100% agree - religion is a load of tosh when it comes to this sort of stuff.

All terrorism relates back to some sort of religion that they've interpreted as telling them they must kill people etc, and tell everyone else they're right.

Not just islam, but even christianity is screwed up aswell. I've never been religious and don't plan to.

But hey, at least the guy is dead - the amount of lives he was responsible for, he deserved it

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  13. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I used to think this, but actually many priests work hard in their communities to help the people that need it most, often while local politicians and business men do nothing. Its not religion but intolerance and fear of people percieved 'different'.

The danger with religion is in its worst form is it makes people sheep like and more suceptible to propaganda.

Guess we should shoot George Bush Junior in the eye next then ?

14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Byte Poster

Why didn't they capture and interrogate him? or at least parade him to the world that they finally managed to capture him after 10-12 yrs of looking.

I dont see the reasoning of just point blank killing the worlds most wanted man.

Certifications: N+
    WIP: A+ Security+ ITIL V3
  15. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

If they mocked up that man in a parade, we would be having a couple billion muslims trying to behead all of us, non-believers...

Well, come to think of it... they already wish that.

16. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Because you'd have a never ending procession of hostages being captured and killed as the west refused to release him.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  17. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Dead men tell no tales, and this will help Barack win the next election and therefore save his rich backers from having to throw more money at another candidate.

The US have some nice cheap oil and wall street have a trillion dolars of taxpayers money. The worlds gone to ****, but hey one dead Arab solves all that right ?

18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, I just killed Gaddafi.

I didn't take any photos, and I threw the body in the sea.

He's definately dead though.

:biggrin

19. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

I think he is dead for real.

Just imagine the shocking news if Bin Laden were to appear in a picture or video laughing about them killing him and holding todays news papers :)

20. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

I wonder if he felt 9/11 (11/9) was worth it for hiding out for the next 9 years.

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680