Biggest joke of all

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by flex22, Jun 24, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

The Kraut referee in tonight's EURO 2004 match, England v Portugal.

Need I say more, we was robbed :!: :x

2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Deff agree mate, but I think he was from Switzerland wasn't he?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Cartman

Cartman Byte Poster

Swiss he purported to be, might have had Portuguese lineage by the looks of some of the decisions.

ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL disallowed goal.

Enough Said.

4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

all the same Europeans.Block up the tunnel :!: that's what I say

Joke before I upset our European friends.I mean you make better wine than us, so I'm giving them credit for something.

Not that i drink much wine anyway, so i couldn't give a *VB* toss

Ta :!:

5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

ROBBED :evil:

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I didn't see the game but all I can say is sour grapes. If the game had turned out the other way everyone would say it was completely fair and a great game. While I don't agree with some of the ref's decisions I generally think he is doing the best he can from where he is. He doesn't have the benefit of close-up's, instant replays, multiple angles and zoom like we do on tv. :roll:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

That's obvious seeing as though your giving the referee the benefit of the doubt.
    FFS he's supposed to be one of the top referee's in Europe.Yet although he about 20 yrds away, he still ahd a clear sight of the incident, but gave nothing.

Anyway maybe you'll see what I mean once you've actually watched it.

It aint sour grapes, we're aboutt he fairest and most honest football country in the world.
    If we'd won like that, we'd have said yeah we're lucky gits, but it's the referee's decision.

To be honest we played cr@p and most people I've spoken to so far have said Portugal played better than us.Like I said we're honest.

However, at the end of the day it come's down the the scoreline, which had the game been refereed properly, would have been 2 -1 to England.

I can pretty much take us going out because I think the way we were playing, we wouldn't have continued to the final anyway.
    Portugal played liek they wanted it, some of our palyers did, but not Beckham.

Just making the point that we aint just whinging for nothing, and we're not laying into Portugal or saying they didn't deserve it.
    It's just that we actually won the match, so it's dissapointing that we didn't go through.

Point made :!:

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

now's that the spirit people...indeed England were robbed..i think the Ref was on something last nite...either that or he had a bet on at the bookies...but the poor English boys...how distraught they must be feeling esp Sol Campbell...thats the 2nd time he's been robbed of an England goal....France 98 anyone???

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

This referee has made bad decisions in more than just this game, he was slated for the game he refereed for Spain V Russia when he gave out the first red card of the tournament and a total of 9 yellows.

Its only a game and his bad decision put England out but we had plenty of chances to go ahead again and didn't. We lost in the end but his performance last night as a top class referee is somewhat questionable.

Oh BTW Flex, he has a website http://www.ursmeier.ch/referee/ where you can send in comments on his performance. Maybe you should channel some of your anger toward him through the wonders of the Internet.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  10. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Byte Poster

From a Scottish perspective, I think he's superb.

Certifications: <<See Below>>
  11. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Whatever:!: :tongue