Big Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mr.raw, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mr.raw

mr.raw New Member

Hi guys and gals!
    I found your site via a google and as I need to get some certs done this year then it looks like a good place to be.

I ran a PC shop for 5 years and know the basics inside out when it comes to quick fix and building and installing most things, but i dont have nothing on paper and it looks like i have to start from scratch if i want to do 1st line pc support and work up.

Not sure what i need to sit but i shall start to read!!

Any pointers would be greatly felt:)

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:) well judging from your post and experience in PC building the Comptia A+ cert and N+ would be good certs to go for. I would also look into the MS cert MCDST once done with the Comptia certs.

Best wishes.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. mr.raw

mr.raw New Member

Many thanks, but A+ is just a confirmation i can build etc isnt it?I know the guy who hired me scoffed at it and hired me on what i have done etc, maybe i am wrong?

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you want "something on paper", then the A+ is indeed the certification that shows what you've been doing these past five years. If you want to get the Network+ and MCDST, those are great entry-level certifications as well.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!