Best study plan for A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by elli5on, Dec 1, 2005.

1. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Hi folks,
    Ive just started my A+ a couple of days ago, just wondered for those who are currently studying A+ or who have completed it, whats the best method to try and take all the information in?

Many Thanks

Craig :biggrin

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm assuming you have or are getting a copy of this (clickable link) book. Actually, the book itself suggests study strategies but I'll make a suggestion or two. It's usually helpful to have a PC or two that you feel comfortable opening up and playing with. As much as possible as you are studying, try to get some hands on experience with what you are learning. This isn't possible in all cases, but very often, learning is improved if you can do something and not just read about it.

The A+ is actually two exams...Hardware and OS. The OS part is pretty "Windows-centric" but not always "XP-centric" so if you can lay your hands on a Windows 2000 and/or Windows 98 machine, it would also be helpful.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the advise, the cours ei am on at the moment, the company send me out all books, but i need something you can take in a little better.

Cheers

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  4. binbox

binbox Nibble Poster

If your not working at the moment or just part-time another good thing to do is get intouch with a company called routes to work (if they operate in your area) and get some voluntary work with a local business. Managed to get 8 hours myself at a PC recycling centre, just £30 extra a week but they are also funding my courses so in all reality I would work for free.

WIP: A+ N+ SECURITY+ SERVER+