Best MCDST training in london???

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by bobby24london, May 18, 2009.

1. bobby24london

bobby24london Bit Poster

hi there, thanks to everyone that has responded to my other queries, does anyone have views on where the best classroom based courses are for the A+ and the MCDST in london preferbley west end, thanks again:D:D

2. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

My personal experience is that the Microsoft courses (which i took in a classroom) did not prepare me for the exams (in particular for 70-271) at all. Microsoft state that this is deliberate as you have to use real-worl experience and supplimentary reading in order to pass, rather that just sit a course, get a cert. I completely agree with this stance!

I am a convert to self-study (doesnt work for us all) and like many others, find the best preparations are to take in as wide a variety of (approved) media as possible and most of all, practical experience whether in a job or using a virtual lab.

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  3. bobby24london

bobby24london Bit Poster

thanks for response mate ill take it on board :D:D

4. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Hi,
    There are few in west london offering based class, but I am sure you know the fees are a bit high, i.e Synergy networks offered me MCDST for a discounted fee of £1000 (normally £2500 and free laptop, laptop not included if you take the discounted offer), google it and you will them, or go to prometric website as you are going to book a test and you will find a list of providers with details.

I didnt take the offer and Im doing self study with e-learning.microsoft.com which include labs (not really important if you have your machine with xp pro installed in my opinion).

Good luck

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

For these entry level certs, I'd always advise attempting self-study first because it's the cheapest and most flexible option. There's nothing in the material for the A+ or MCDST that requires a tutor, in my opinion so it's really down to whether you have the self-discipline for self-study or not.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I too would go with the MSPRess books.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I used the MS press book for the first part of my MCDST and am using the second one for the second exam.

Try self study before wasting your cash on some course, you can set up a virtual lab to practice with using vmware or virtual pc.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?