Best invention on Dragons Den?

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Gav, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lvxy2/Dragons_Den_Series_7_Episode_2/

Skip to 43 minutes. This is such a good idea, and I can see it being very successful.

I want one now because I've got some cabling to do soon. :biggrin

There is a video online now too: http://www.magnamole.co.uk/swf/video/index.htm

EDIT: I've just discovered they're selling them already: http://www.magnamole.co.uk/shop/ :D

2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Without going through the video right now, did any of the dragons invest?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

They all made offers apart from Peter, not because he didn't like it but because he thought they should go with Duncan and James.

Duncan and James increased upon her original offer of £50k for 15% with £80k for 25%. She negotiated this to £80 for 22.5% and took the deal.

Deborah and Theo made an offer at her price of £50k for 15% which she declined.

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Such a simple invention as well, cheap as well.

5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Without wanting to click the link...

What is the invention? :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Will it trump Reggae Reggae sauce?

I'm addicted to the stuff

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  7. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Whats wrong with cable rods?

push one through attach cable (spring clip thing) which is better than a magnet tbh and pull through.

Oh yes you can even get these kits with detachable magnets

They're non conductive, extendable by adding rods together, can go around corners if needed and up through wall cavities between floors.

accepted by health and safety

seems she reinvented the wheel

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Well the dragon's think it's an excellent idea, and she's already sold quite a few units, let's not be british for a change and knock some one :rolleyes:

9. supernova

well no if she got a patient through she could claim the others infringe....

i am just saying that the right tool is out there

[​IMG]

obviously not all the attachments are used with live cables. the red is a magnet put that on and you have exactly the same thing.

There is a better one but i can find them, has a spring thing, can remember name there British

10. supernova

I thought the bin pedal was greatly undervalued

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Looking at her idea, no screwing things into each other is needed, there are less parts to lose. Far quicker using her method.

12. supernova

err one rod is longer so to do a single wall you only need one.

you only screw rods together if you need to feed cables through multiple floors in a building, Which she cant yet do

you can loose the magnet that attaches to the cable with hers... in fact the other kit i mentioned (spring on end) has no parts at all.

13. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

The thing is though, the kit you linked to costs £91.30 exc VAT.

Although I agree, I think there are tools that do the job already, but admittedly I, nor the Dragons, thought to ask if one already existed.

I do think her idea is quite a simply idea that does work very well though.

14. supernova

yes that is the most expensive one i have seen the materials its made from aren't cheap so its quality,plus all the extra attachments. But is for a professional cable layer.

You know that most BT, SKY staff wont go into loft spaces (without proper floor boards) because of health and safety?
    Thats often the reason they drill through outside walls and do a ugly job.

the one i wonted to find is less that £20 i know places like JML, B&Q etc used to sell them.

They were blue & yellow, and had a spring thing on the end that held the cable as you pulled it through. I actually want to buy one of them.