best cbt ?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by petervdc, Sep 18, 2008.

1. petervdc

petervdc New Member

There are many cbt's (computer based training, video training) : trainsignal, cbt nuggets, bryantadvantage.com, ...

What is the best one ?

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

That's entirely down to personal preference and how you learn, so we can only give our opinions - there isn't a 'best'.

I've heard lots of good things about CBT Nuggets, though they are expensive.

I prefer the whole reading from a book thing myself :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The two main ones that I like are Learnkey and CBTNuggets, Trainsignal are ok, but then again it's down to personally preference and the actually subject.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

I use the cisco books and the bryantadvantage package along side each other as it is explained different and the labs are great in the bryantadvantage package - cheap too.

Certifications: A+ and CCNA
    WIP: MCSA then onto MCSE
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I've used a few and I don't think that there is one particular brand that is better than the rest. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

The brands I've used in the past are Trainsignal, AppDev, CBT Nuggets, Lynda.com.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  7. samy_mero

samy_mero New Member

I think Testout also, perfect.

8. Teebor

Teebor Nibble Poster

I've recently been able to see some of the cbt nuggets stuff and the guy who does the videos is a nutter :) LOL but at least its not a constant droning voice, now considering a purchase...

The Trainsignal ones apparently feature the same guy (Chris) from the bryantadvantage.com

I've just bought one of the bryantadvantage ones (not to do with my current study but it is of interest to me) and the content seems to be very good so far, but that is just my initial impressions. However people seem to like his stuff and I have heard nothing bad about it.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA, CCNA, Coupla MCP's
    WIP: CCNP BCMSN, CVOICE, ITIL
  9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I have always found that CBT Nuggets found at http://www.cbtnuggets.com/ have been excellent.

I have used them on all of the exams I have taken so far and would definately recommend.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  10. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Is that Jeremy Cioara (sp?)

Definitely brings the subject to life and is more than obsessed with the Matrix films lol

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  11. Teebor

Teebor Nibble Poster

No Idea as I only got to watch one on Wireless networks (I wanted some more info and a friend had them)

I just remember him talking about cows :biggrin

It was funny which if why I am now thinking of buying, I'm in two minds though as I discovered the bryantadvantage before I heard about cbtnuggets

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA, CCNA, Coupla MCP's
    WIP: CCNP BCMSN, CVOICE, ITIL
  12. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I've seen good things with both cbt nuggets & bryantadvantage.com