Belkin MIMO Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by aztec, Jul 16, 2006.

1. aztec

aztec Bit Poster

Any body have any comments on Belkin MIMO pre-N wireless router

Mod Edir (AJ): Moved to wireless networking forum

2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF, this isn't really the place to ask this question, there are seperate connectivity and networking forums which would be far more suitable for this kind of question. :)

Edit: This forum is more appropriate: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/f68-.html

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. aztec

aztec Bit Poster

Have posted thread on recommended site thanks steering me in right direction

4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I got one, it's the mutt's nuts for speed as long as you use the equivalent adapter on the client PC. I have never really tested it in terms of range but the couple of times I used it with a laptop at the other end of my house, the connection has dropped out quite a bit. That could be due to a number of reasons though, I have never bothered investiagating it too closely.

All the extra features work very well and it is simple to configure. I would like a few more advanced features and controls on the firewall but I don't think many hardware firewalls aimed at the domestic market are very advanced.

All round, unless you want to hang around for .11n, it's the fastest bit of kit available.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270