Be careful

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by greenbrucelee, Jul 26, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7525206.stm

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

:hhhmmm interesting... I got caught out the other day with a fake email!:(

I ordered something from the Market Place on Amazon. I got an email from (or so it said)UPS courier service saying the address the parcel was delivered to was wrong!:ohmy I thought it was a bit strange because they normally use Royal mail or Parcel express:dry

Luckly my AV detected the trojan horse before I attempted to open the attached invoice.8)

You have got to be really on your guard these day's with these scam emails!:dry8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/about/news/service_updates/virus_unitedkingdom.html

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

At work one of the users asked me for some help regarding an email she received stating her to input her banking credentials, etc into the website. When I looked at it I realized that it was a hacked site. The whole thing that gave it away was the URL but other then that the site its self was well done. It had all the links functioning and pointing to the actual banking site. So when I clicked on one of the links on that hacked site it automatically went to the proper site and the URL completely changed, to what it's supposed to be.

Anyways we reported it and it was taking down that same day.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA