Be afraid..be VERY afraid......

Discussion in 'Security+' started by Malnomates, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Feels like an age since I last spoke with you fine folks, but here I go again with my new venture-Security+. I am planning on studying and sitting the exam over the next few months and after much deliberation and searching I have come up with these two study aids..

www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Security&#...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204278425&sr=1-1

www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Security+-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204278425&sr=1-2

Any comments on those puppies would be gratefully recieved prior to persuading my boss to pay for them..8)

With the kind permission of CF's admins I would like to start 'my very own S+ blog' in a similar fashion to my N+ shennanigans. The N+ blog became a great reference tool for me and helped endlessly in my N+ studies. I'm hoping to repeat that with Security+.

Anyways it's great to be back an I'm looking forward to the adventure.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  2. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Good to see you back Mal! :thumbleft

I look forward to the new blog. 8)

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

When I took the Security+ exams I found that there wasn't many (good) books on the subject but I used the exam cram book which I found good and another book which I can't remember (could of been the Sybex books). As this isn't one of CompTIA's most popular exams material is pretty thin on the ground.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome back Mr NoMates! :D

I have got the Sybex book you show in your first link. It is good, but I do wonder if it is sufficient to allow me to pass the exam.

There is an ExamCram book (or books) as well. I thought I had them, but I have done a clean out of my home office, and I now cannot find them... :(

Can't wait for your blog... you are doing one, I hope... 8)

5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'll look forward to that blog as well. When I get my studying back on track Security+ is one of the ones I'll be going for.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome back!

Keep in mind that the kit you linked already contains the book you linked... :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

well spotted BM..8)

I've ordered the kit and the ExamCram set of study book and practice exams. I'll be making a start on the blog as soon as I get chance to sit, read and digest the first chapter or two....

Certifications: A+ Network+