BCS v IET

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 21, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I thought I'd post this more for information of others than anything else.

I have been trying to contact the IET to see what, if any, reciprocal membership might be available given my MBCS and CITP with the BCS.

I have now heard back from them and they say :

"I have now been able to check with our Membership Assessment Team and can confirm that unfortunately there is not a reciprocal arrangement with the BCS at present. In their opinion, there is a likelihood you would be accepted as MIET as you currently hold CIPT, although this cannot be guaranteed and is dependent on the detail regarding qualifications and work experience provided in your application. To further assist your application, if were able to provide a supporter that was a MIET this would speed up the process of assessment."

Team Manager - Member and Customer Services

I had expected a more positive and supportive reply so am a bit disappointed.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Suprising since this article in February last year.

Heh. Well once they have their act together I may join :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Indeed, seems like the IET is happy to award on behalf of other bodies but not so free with it's own !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not surprised really. It does seem like alot of associations are willing to work together towards a similar goal, but not when it comes to "sharing" members.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security