BCS certification

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by ITsavvy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. ITsavvy

ITsavvy New Member

Hi all,

I have read SimonV's article on certification. It is quite simple n clears the air. I would love to know whats your take on BCS CISMP certification and why you didn't discuss BCS?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I have not taken it myself but it seems a good entry level security cert, you only read need to read the book they recommend then sit the exam I would think.

If your interested in security you have the CompTIA security certs and the SSCP to consider.

Certifications: A few.
  3. ITsavvy

ITsavvy New Member

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your reply. I never knew CompTIA security cert is also a part of security. Will look into it. Do u assume that starting off with BCS CISMP will put me on the right track for security because that is the area I am developing interest in. I really want to get it right. This will enable me streamline my path for certification. whats your take on certifications generally?

Thanks again,

Hope to hear from you soon regarding this.

ITsavvy

4. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

In general I like certification, I wouldn't of done some many if I didn't :) but bear in mind they don't guarantee you a job they just help you to learn a certain subject.

CISMP would be a good start for a security certification but it all depends what area of security interests you and your experience level. Do you like the compliance side, incident response, forensic side etc. Also in general you will need to have some previous knowledge to do a security role depending what area you want to go down could be audit background, programming, networking.

Certifications: A few.