BCOC - Bickenhall College of Computing???

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by drummermandan02, May 29, 2008.

1. drummermandan02

drummermandan02 New Member

Hi.
    I have seen a course that covers alot of stuff involved with web-design and development. I am in Wellingborough, Northants and there is nothing around here as for courses (nothing I have found, if there is please let me know!) so I would have to travel to London or elsewhere. The course is at Bickenhall College in London and the course titles are, Web Design & Web Database Programming (ASP.Net) and PHP Database Programming with MySQL Database.

Code:
    http://www.bcoc.co.uk/web_design/training_courses_london/web_design_courses_london.aspx
    Code:
    http://www.bcoc.co.uk/web_design/training_courses_london/linux_php_programming_courses.aspx
    Those courses seem to cover everything I would want to learn at the mo and from there I would self-teach (I would have the basics covered) some qualifications.

Does anyone know anything about this college? Is it any good? Anyone studied there before? Any info that you could give regarding BCOC (Bickenhall College of Computing) would be of value to me.

Thanks for your advice! :D

Certifications: none
    WIP: none as of yet, but soon...
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hey mate,

You must be a local to me as I'm in W'boro also :biggrin

Have you tried Tresham? I teach there part-time with the MS courses, but looking on their prospectus, they do:

1. HNC in Computing
    2. BTEC/EDEXCEL National Award in Software Development
    3. BTEC/EDEXCEL National Award in Web Development
    4. Software Development (Dot.Net & JAVA)
    5. Software Development (Dot.Net)

In 2008-2009 they will also be offering the ACA (Adobe Certified Associates) quals. I don't know the fully the in's & out's of the above courses (apart from the HNC, but I finished mine in 2000 and the content would have changed).

Sorry I don't know anything about Bickenhall College of Computing.

Hope this helps

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. drummermandan02

drummermandan02 New Member

Hey. Thanks for the reply. To be honest I had never even considered Tresham. Will have a look now!
    Thanks for that info, could save me a lot of travelling costs! How would you rate the quality of teaching there though (being un-biased as poss!)?

Thanks again!

Certifications: none
    WIP: none as of yet, but soon...