Barclays to axe 400 IT jobs

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Stuzzle, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Stuzzle

Stuzzle Byte Poster

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12544934

It seems Barclays bank are now getting involved with this redundancies shawoddywoddy and laying off 400 of their IT staff in the London and Cheshire area

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  2. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Ouch, makes me weiry and re-think my career path, on the other hand, by the time I've finished, it'll be fine? *hopefully* lol

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

This whole thing is going to get worse! The original bank bailout has failed, Darling is considering another along with printing more money.

We're in for a depression guys.

All those years of 125% & 100% mortgages are coming home to roost...was it all really worth it?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

This has actually been going on a while with Barclays (i.e. last couple of years).

A friend's partner is off on maternity leave and was told she would prob be made redundant at then end of it, then told she would have to return to work, currently waiting to hear if this will mean she can take the redundancy.

They are just following thru' on plans they've had for a while and are actually recruiting some IT staff to help with the winding down :ohmy

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)