Bandwidth

Discussion in 'Networks' started by JSA ALU, Jul 22, 2010.

1. JSA ALU

JSA ALU Bit Poster

Currently we have 2 ISP with 4mbps each. I want to know the exact bandwidth in which my internet is running. What should i do?

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

What you should do is go to www.speedtest.net and run a test.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You should ask someone who you work with that knows what they're doing to let you know.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. JSA ALU

JSA ALU Bit Poster

does speedtest provides exact result?. we are getting dwld and upld speed, is it true?

5. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

Ive always found it fairly accurate. Run a few tests over different days and different times and take an average if you need that level of accuracy, but just a one off test wont be far wrong. I would try not to run it on a wireless machine of course if you want as much accuracy as possible.

Certifications: C&G, A+