Bad news for the ones who have taken 71-621 and 71-622

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by gomcse2002, Feb 3, 2007.

1. gomcse2002

gomcse2002 Nibble Poster

The release dates of the Professional (MCITP) exams for Vista will be delayed in order to ensure that we have adequate application support coverage for these certifications. We know that customers are very excited about our new Vista certifications and we are sincerely sorry for the delay. In the interest of maintaining the quality of Microsoft Certifications, however, we need to add additional content to exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 in order to maintain appropriate alignment with the intended job roles. Exam 70-620 ("Big Vista") will not be affected and customers may continue to register for the exam.

The beta for 71-623 has been put on hold. No action for customers who were registered for this exam; the beta will be rescheduled. Details to follow.

Customers who have already taken the betas for 71-621 or 71-622: your scores may be delayed or we may have to run a second beta. If we run a second beta, the same candidates will be invited to take it; there will not be a general invitation again.
    No impact to Exam 70-620 ("Big Vista"); results still stand for those who took the beta and the live exam is open for registration.

New dates, below.
    70-621: May 15 (beta in late March)
    70-622; May 16 (beta in mid-March)
    70-623: May 17 (beta in late March)
    We'll get this updated on microsoft.com/learning as soon as we can. I'll also stop typing in red font as soon as I can."

If you are not hapy with the "RE-TAKE" of 71-621 and 71-622, please express your concerns at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive...-professional-series-mcitp-exams.aspx#1588017

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCAS, A+, N+, S+, i+
    WIP: MCITP Windows 2008 server
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I dont think theres any reason to sign a petition for not being 'happy' with having to retake a beta exam you have been invited to help TEST (thats what a beta is!)

if your not willing to help test, and accept the things that go with it, like retakes, and not counting for an actual cert then dont agree to help!

sure its not the greatest feeling in the world, but your helping test a new exam not getting something for nothing :)

good luck on the resit if its required though!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Reading those blog entries it sounds like a BIG shambles to me.. i agree with ryan it is beta.... and you can consider yourself lucky they offer you a cert in exchange for nothing! :ohmy

Besides having a Vista cert wont help much in the job hunting yet so let them time... :twisted:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Agreed - it's a beta exam, so those who were invited in the first place should feel fortunate.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The point is that alot of people (like myself) took time off work to do this exam and instead of MS e-mailing us, we found out about this in some obscure blog. Adding to the fact that MS hasn't given us a good reason for this (this only affects the 71-621, 71-622 & has put the 71-623 on hold)- the other beta exams aren't affected.

We all know what beta means, however I believe the general feeling of communication between MS and the beta-testers has left a bad taste in one's mouth. And before someone jumps in a say's well there's hundreds of people who took the exam it would in impossible for MS to contact them, they have stated that they will invite thoses that took the exam to re-take the exam - how... how else by e-mail :dry

It wasn't nothing, it was our time - some people took half a day off, others took a full day off (the exam was approx 4 hours), what does MS get out of it - our real life experience and knowledge, so that they can charge £120 per exam to thousands (£88 +VAT).

Sorry I sound a bit bitter - just the way I feel at the minute, but I'm going for the resits cause I started this cert (what I start I finish), even though it's going to cost another 1/2 day.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Wag she is the offical rep for MS.. i been listening to webcasts and visit her blog often but you right maybe MS did have to email you guys. If Vista certs are a mess i can imagine what will have when the new Server certs come out! :eek:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yeah I know, she's the offical MCP communication's person - stressing the communications part :dry

Can't wait to see the server exams, I hope that MS has learnt from this. If not, I may restart the cisco route I started a while back :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

MS *will* probably e-mail you... the news just got out through "unauthorized" channels first (even if she is the official spokesperson, the blog isn't the primary means of communication).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!