Back to the basics

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kingpotuss, Oct 7, 2007.

1. kingpotuss

kingpotuss Bit Poster

Hi everyone,
    i have not posted for a longtime, i have been away apart from that i have really bottled out of taking the MCDST exams ask me why, i don't really know. I seem to be developing exam Phobia, i've read the sybex book from cover to cover about four times, gone through the cd as well and managed to get a job, that allows me to work on the company I.T systems but still do not feel that i know enough to pass the exams.

Help, Help what can i do.

Certifications: Bsc Business infor Syst & I.T, PGCE,ECDL
    WIP: MCDST, MCSE,MCT
  2. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Bit Poster

You have msn? Drop me a line.

WIP: Too many to mention
  3. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Bit Poster

Although more helpful.

You say you have gone through cover to cover. Did you fully understand the concepts that each chapter was trying to convey? If so, then you would have had a good knowledge to pass the test exams, that were included in the CD with the book.

As another member of this forum said, to one of my threads.

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

What he said.

Doing practice test will give you a good idea of where you are weak at. Knowing this you could go over the weak areas again.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. kingpotuss

kingpotuss Bit Poster

yes i think i understand the concepts and what makes an answer right, yet i have a feeling that if i don't pass the exam at the time of taking it it may put me off taking it for good and believe it or not i would like to acheive my MCSE and MCT so this is not really a good start if i'm bottling it at the first hurdle. not registered for MSN, but wiil do.

Certifications: Bsc Business infor Syst & I.T, PGCE,ECDL
    WIP: MCDST, MCSE,MCT
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You know...it's possible that you've overstudied and burnt out. It happens. There are times when I'm writing a book that I get so sick and tired of it that I could puke. The only thing that keeps me going is that fact that I signed a contract and it's my @zz if I don't meet my commitments.

I usually get past that part and get excited about the book all over again after awhile. Unless you have a pressing need to take the exam at this point, maybe you should just walk away from it for awhile and do other things until you recapture your enthusiasm.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Bit Poster

Register on MSN and then add me send me a message. I'll give you alot of help ;)

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Why don't you just send him a private message if you want to communicate out of the public eye? Also, I hope that the "alot of help" you are offering is on the up and up. Just saying.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Bit Poster

No reason, just prefer on MSN and its on the up and up :biggrin

10. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

For what its worth, treat your first exam as a "practice" and go in for the experience. Don't worry about pass/fail - if you do pass, its a bonus and you've tamed your demon, if not, the experience will help you when you "do it for real".

I appreciate this will cost, but on the bigger scheme of things, the price of the exam is relatively small and since MS are offering free re-tests, what have you got to lose?

Tom

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's all well and good... but realize that anything you share in the forum can help hundreds of people, not just one. Therefore, if you've got something legitimate to share, it's best to post it out in the open.

For the record, most people who want to give "alot of help" on an exam through PM *aren't* offering help that's on the up-and-up. So before you provide any information over PM, know that revealing *anything* about the contents of the exam can get you decertified for life.

Just sayin'.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Bit Poster

Of course. Also I havent taken the exam yet, so I wont be giving details out.

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ah, gotcha. :) Wasn't meaning to sound like I was accusing you... just trying to make sure you stay safe, my friend! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Also remember that we all fail these exams at one time or another.. you just have to accept it happens, get back on your horse, brush up on where you were week and sit it again. There is no shame associated with failing.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)