Attracting New Customers

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by marty1986, Nov 25, 2011.

1. marty1986

marty1986 Bit Poster

Hello,

I work for a company doing IT outsourcing, we have a couple of big contracts which keeps us busy mosts days however we are looking to expand the businesses

You guys got any tips on how we can do this I been cold calling customers to see what there current set up is and see if we can offer any help, we have also set up a twitter account last week and made some flyers to hand out to customers near where our current customers are.

You guys got any tips or advice on how we should go about getting new customers

Thanks

WIP: A+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You need to target who you are calling. You say you are working for a small company so I guess there is no point in calling companies that have over 1000 users as you probably won’t have the resources to help.

Also what products are you offering help with? Don’t just say “anything” to get the business – it has to be Microsoft Products, Citrix, VMware etc. etc.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. jake77

jake77 Bit Poster

I would suggest you target ideal companies, and arrange a meeting or something like that, cold calling just pisses people off.

Certifications: 50m swimming certificate
    WIP: No cert, I'm an apprentice.
    csx likes this.
  4. arj7

arj7 Nibble Poster

Facebook and social media in general is good.
    If the companies are local arrange a meeting with the key decision holders and then put forward your proposal, in my experience cold calling seems to annoy people greatly