atmeldude

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by atmeldude, Apr 7, 2008.

1. atmeldude

atmeldude New Member

Hello to everyone.

I recently acquired a collection of microsoft press books the one book i have is (Mcdst exam 70-272) it appears to have a missing cd that should contain the test software apparently 425 challenging questions and a software suite called (readiness review suite from measureup) according to the front page of the book i am missing the cd with this (readiness review suite with exam questions for 70-272)...if anyone can assist with this cd or files contained on it i would be very grateful i have listed the url of the book that closest resembles my version.
    http://a1055.g.akamai.net/f/1055/140...00/7716968.jpg
    i hope the url does not violate any posting terms.

The contents listed on this missing cd as listed within my book include.
    1. readiness suite. (i assume with exam 70-272 questions).
    2. an electronic pdf version of the book e-book.
    3. tools and sample documents used in some of the practices throughout the book.
    4.an e-book of the microsoft encyclopedia of networking second edition and
    microsoft encyclopedia of security.

If you have the cd that resembles the one i am missing...i am on my knees...
    i am not sure how this forum works i see people reading it but i dont see any responses
    am i doing something wrong or do people use other books for MCDST course ???

Certifications: Electronics...Comms,Indust,Digits,Micros
    WIP: anything i can find....
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If everybody who didn't have the books, like me, said so you would be buried in responses!

If I can't help I usually don't respond to avoid cluttering the place up with unhelpful responses.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. atmeldude

atmeldude New Member

Thanks harry for your prompt response, however i would have preferred that you clearly read the post first i state clearly i am missing a companion cd to the book not the book itself the book came with 2 cds i have the microsoft office 2003 evaluation cd what i dont have is the companion cd that is supposed to have the exam 70-272.

Now please i ask nicely hbroomhall read the post before replying.

Kind regards

Certifications: Electronics...Comms,Indust,Digits,Micros
    WIP: anything i can find....
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, Microsoft Press wouldn't like it too much if I distributed their CD content without their permission.

Have you contacted Microsoft Press?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hm.

As the CDs come with the books it would be unlikely for anyone to have the CDs *without* the books. I assumed that these were second hand - otherwise the obvious thing to do would be to go back to the supplier.

Complaining that people aren't responding to you, and then complaining when they do isn't very conducive to future help I'm afraid.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+