at a losss what to do

Discussion in 'A+' started by brainclogged, Sep 2, 2007.

1. brainclogged

brainclogged New Member

Hello all
    I am new to this site and would like some advice and possibly help.
    I am currently doind Advent training, CompTIA A+ cert and am very confused with the format, I am not sure what they are asking for with the questions .
    I am in my 50's and not studied for years, I hve contacted the mentor and been given various sites to visit for assistance but they tend to be advertising sites.
    I am begining to get frustrated and ready to throw it all out the window, please can anyone help.:eek: :(

2. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I'm not sure what you are asking my friend. Is there any chance you could be a little more specific??

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  3. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

do you mean you don't understand the questions there asking? slightly confused too about what your asking :dry

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings and welcome to CertForums. I'm also in my 50s and life forces me to study all the time. Unfortunately, like the others who've responded so far, I also don't quite understand what you're asking. When you say you don't understand the "format", are you talking about test question formats such as multiple choice, true and false, essay, and that sort of thing?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi there. What is your past experience with computer hardware and operating systems and what role in IT are you aspiring to?

I am 52 by the way, so age has nothing to do with being able to understand these concepts.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

I wouldn't throw away anything that cost me nearly £5,000 ...

Post again asking in more detail what it is you're needing to know.

There are some very knowledgeable people on here and some, like you, who are doing a course with Advent. I'm sure they will be more than willing to help assist you with your problem/question(s).

Dave

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi Brainclogged,

Are you confused with the format of the material - ie, the information they are trying to tell you? Or are you confused with the questions?

The questions for the CompTIA A+ will be multiple choice. I suggest you go to www.comptia.org to check the kinds of things the exam will ask you about. It might also be worth purchasing a book of exam questions and answers, to get used to the format in which they are asked. Have a look at this list.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

Hi

I'm doing the same course with Advent.
    any questions - just use my PM

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA