"at a crossroads" moment

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by veloce, Sep 5, 2011.

1. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

Hi all,

bit of a stranger on here these days, lot going on at work and home etc.

about 4 months ago my studying for network+ took a nosedive, to the point where I stopped completely.

I was going through various practice exams, and I guess the relentless job search/interview request with no result at the end of it wore me down. So its been on the back burner ever since. I have over the past few weeks been considering a HNC in Computing as a next option, but I am now unsure. With my wedding coming next July, should I leave any decision to commence a new course til after then, but until then knuckle down and finish the Network+?
    My aims have not changed over the past couple of years, just perhaps my desire to keep plugging away.

Anyone else in/has been in the same boat offer any advice?

Thanks

D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Never looked back since my HND, was best thing I ever did.

Doing a HNC seems a no brainer since its part time and can still work, I think really its the least people serious about their career can do.

3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

If you are achieving nothing else than sign up and do it - I'm with dmarsh - its the least anyone can try to do.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

thanks chaps.

I shall look into this, I suspect getting my N+ done and dusted first would be an idea too

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  5. romeospadre

romeospadre Bit Poster

Hi Veloce

I feel the same TBH, I have done the A+ and N+ but have hit a wall. I was studying the 270 then windows 7 was upon us then decided to switch my study the 70-680 and I now find that Windows 8 is upon us. It doesn't help when you learn new things but are never asked to apply them in your daily job. Started reading the MS Press book at the start of the year and stopped mid way after a couple of months. Just not had the mind set to go back to it but now feeling I need to or be stuck in a rutt!

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70 - 270 For MCSA + MCTS 70 - 680
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yeah, but the next job you apply for might need those skills.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs