Assessment Help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by alexdc12, Mar 23, 2011.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Turns out i got an invite to an assessment for an IT Helpdesk position at a Uni.
    I said i had helpdesk experience which is not technically true but hey ho!
    I have to do an IT knowledge test and then some initial questions.
    Any ideas what sort of questions i may be asked so i can do a lil bit of homework on this one!
    Anyone ever worked on helpdesk in a uni/college?

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Heres the job spec

As part of our initiative to expand our range of pathways, College of Technology London in partnership with the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David is seeking to recruit an IT Help Desk Administrator with specialized expertise in providing user support and customer service on College computer applications and platforms through troubleshooting problems and advising on the appropriate action. The role is to also incorporate Administration duties to aid in the smooth running of the Department.
    The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the development of the Helpdesk service and contribute to wider technology developments and service innovation. Candidates should possess a minimum of a CompTia A+ qualification or equivalent, and interests in computer hardware, networking and troubleshooting.
    Main Responsibilities
    •Responding to IT requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically.
    •Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
    •Advise staff on appropriate action.
    •Log all help desk interactions.
    •Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
    •Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
    •Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
    •Editing and maintaining the staff portal.
    •Administrative duties.
    You must have experience in Administration, having a strong knowledge of IT problem solving. You must be able to work as part of a team with good oral and written skills.
    The successful candidate must possess the ability to effectively manage their workload and maintain strict confidentiality.
    If you have previous IT Help Desk experience working within a multinational education sector it would be added bonus. A certificate in MPC or MCITP, and knowledge in IMovie and graphic design would be advantageous.

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation