assesment test - preparation

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Andre, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

Finaly first interview for my job as a IT helpdesk advisor. it's on friday and I really do not have any idea how to prepare mysef for that THING. In agency I've been told that this will be some kind of assesment test (3 hours !) but what exactly they didn''t want to tell me

anyone got any experience with that?

andre

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

they give you a three hour assessment test for an interview? cor thats insane
    worst i have ever had is a 30 odd question jobby that takes 15 - 20 mins to see if i know what im on about :)

getting kind of ridiculous really :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If it's for a helpdesk advisor, then maybe they'll put you in the job for 3 hours to see how you do.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Obviously not for the helpdesk at our place then, I sometimes wonder if they know what a computer is.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

so what kind of questions they may ask?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I had a short (20 que, I thikn) test when I started my Tech Support job Andre.

I had que's along the lines of basics of TCP/IP, DNS ping, PPP, DHCP, etc )I stress basics). Basics of internet connectivity, general Windows stuff, PC knowledge.

My guess if its anything like mine, you'll sail thru it. Also, bare in mind, the interview will almost certainly not be based on "highest score gets the job"

Poss factors such as how do you deal with tricky situations, angry users, etc would be likely to come up, I 'd guess.

If I can think of any more, I'll add it in later.

HTH :D

EDIT: GOOD LUCK, by the way :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity