Argh! Rant time... do any of you work for Vodafone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I sent my Sony 950i in for repair, as the screen on it was not working - as it's a touchscreen phone, this is *pretty* critical.

The only thing they had done on it, when I got it back, was a firmware upgrade. They had the phone for a month. I sent an email to complain, as I can't pick up calls.

Do you want to see part of the *genious* response from their help(less) desk?

:lolbang

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

The person is just doing their job to the best of their knowledge. You got to love customer services though:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Ya, that's why I've asked for someone else to start dealing with it... :blink:biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Reminds me of when the microphone on my mobile packed up.
    O2 customer services were supposed to be ringing me back, but after repeated explanations that my mobile wasn't working & leaving a landline number for them to call me on, they kept calling...
    my mobile... :dunce

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

:biggrin Got ya, well seriously though find time to give their tech dept a ring and take it from there. I once had a rant with Vodafone's tech guy about a 3 G card I was configuring on a HP laptop but the 3 G card needed activation.

He gave me the wrong tech info and when I called back he was asking for info that he never asked the first time I called knowing fully well I don't have that info. I gave up and had my manager sort it out from there.

Well your case is obviously different from my scenario so you never know you might prove in your case that they probably ain't that too bad when you call. Fingers crossed:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell