argh my laptop!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by pinkfluff, Jul 10, 2007.

1. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

Is so annoying, about a month ago it completely stopped working so The Tech Guys took it away for repair, they replaced the mainboard, I got it back yesterday, it seems to be working alright now but when I put my laptop on standby it repeatedly tries to read the cd drive even though theres nothing in there and wont switch back on without me taking the battery or power supply out and switching it back on. :x anyone know why its doing this? I'm so annoyed, iv only just got it back and it STILL needs more repair arghhhh

Certifications: -
    WIP: CIW
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Do you have any problems like this if you run the laptop without the battery, and just the mains connected?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd say you have a claim against them, as they haven't delivered it properly 'repaired'.

First thing to do is notify them about the problem, and see what they offer.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

Not sure, il test in a mo

5. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

Yeah I will do, its still on the warranty, the mainboard would have cost me a bomb. They may aswell give me a replacement ;) haha

6. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Yep, you are best getting in touch with the tech guys, be nice though coz i am a tech guy and were not all that bad ha :p you will have no problem getting a replacement just explain whats happened and I am sure you will be okay.

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  7. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

So if I ask for a replacement, do I get one? Cheeky I know :P

8. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

Oh my god, thats so poo, I just went on the tech guys website and I want them to call me back cos iv not got credit but they dont do a call back on warranty repairs :( only if your paying to get it repaired grrrrrrrr. Iv got no money to call them ahhhhhhhhhhh

9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hmm, anyone u know with a landline phone? surely they wont mind if its an emergency like this :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  10. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

no :( help!!!!!

11. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Reverse the charges lol:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  12. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hy pinkfluff I am sure if you explain to them that it is an emergency and your circumstances they will sort something out for you. If they are a decent tech team they will get the job done for the customer. Keep us posted on how you get on.

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+