Areas to Study in

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by doppers, Aug 20, 2012.

1. doppers

doppers Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

I saw this and wondered if anybody agreed or disagreed??

The 10 best IT certifications: 2012 | TechRepublic

I am just deciding on the next steps in career paths and just wanted to get people gereal feelings on this?

2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

These lists appear quite often and contain many of the same certs. Its often the recruiters that look for all the latest buzz words. Wasn't long ago it was ITIL.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

My problem is the people who make these lists often seem to have no idea about what it means to be in a busy job in the industry and pursue a certification legitimately.

Many certifications require 1-2 years study to obtain, its not a shopping list you can add to your CV every 10 minutes.

All these lists do is trivialise the issues around certification and IT education.

4. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Do not look at things like this to help with your career path. Think about what areas of IT you are interested in and see a good future in and work towards getting experience and certification in that area.

Certifications: A few.