Are You Ready for the Network Impact of 802.11n?

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Are You Ready for the Network Impact of 802.11n?

Talk about wireless LANs these days and you're talking about 802.11n - the newest emerging standard in wireless networking that significantly improves throughput to today's nomadic - and highly demanding - network users. 802.11n will allow more data to move faster through the WLAN than ever before.

The coverage and bandwidth improvements of 802.11n will further accelerate the adoption of mobile applications and provide the opportunity for wireless to become the primary access method in tomorrow's enterprise.

The mass adoption of wireless applications and wireless infrastructures, particularly at 802.11n speeds, can have an unforeseen impact on your network. 802.11n makes bandwidth, throughput and reliability an end-to-end network problem, especially in cases where the WLAN is deployed as network infrastructure rather than as an overlay.

Read the Aerohive Networks whitepaper "The Network Impact of 802.11n" to get a full picture of what to expect and how to prepare.

Click here for the whitepaper

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Grrr you have to register to read that Ken :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I guess I could have registered myself and then posted it up, but I couldn't deprive you of all the other "benefical" e-mails :)

I sign up for them, then once I get the info, mark them as Junk mail :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

thats kind of cool though in terms of throughput compared to 802.11b/g/a. it comes with 3 features(MIMO multiple in mulitple out, CHANNEL BONDING & PAYLOAD OPTIMIZATION OR PACKET AGGREGATION) that makes it higher than the previous IEEE wireless standards. But then IEEE wireless standard 802.16(WIMAX; Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access is probably going to outdo these other atandards because distance that can be covered is awesome not to talk of the throughput

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)