Are the MCDST (70-271 & 70-272) exams due to be retired.

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by sparkey77, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sparkey77

sparkey77 Bit Poster

Hi

I'm currently studying for the 70-272 exam which I'm hoping to take in a few weeks then I'll continue on with the 70-271 later this year, my question is, are these exams due to be retired by Microsoft any time soon as it would be disappointing to complete only half of the certification. I've tried to search this on the web to no avail do any of you guys know?

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: MCDST & Network +
    WIP: MCSA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

There is no mention of it.

I highly doubt the MCDST will be retired until or after Microsoft stop supporting XP and I believe Microsoft have said that they will stop supporting XP in 2014.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Yeah, earlier i had the same doubt, but now i'm clear and moving on for attaining this certification.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  4. sparkey77

sparkey77 Bit Poster

Cheers for the quick response greenbrucelee, and karan1337 I'm with you, I'm gonna crack on with this certification in fact I've just booked a seat for the 70-272 exam for mid July, 6 weeks to get up to scratch.
    Cheers again

Certifications: MCDST & Network +
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

I certainly hope these exams arent being retired I plan to take them soon. :)

6. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

I've just become MCDST certified, and I was also in doubt before I sat the 271 & 272.

Whether the certification is going to retire next week, or in four years. Truth is, its a certification and it won't do any harm.

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP