are system admin/engineers and network admins/engineers part of i.t support

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mitufrim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

are system admin/engineers and network admins/engineers part of i.t support

the title says it all i just want the forums opinion

when most people think i.t support they think service desk.

2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Without a question yes. Depending on the size of the company they may not deal with 1st line issues but anywhere they would deal with 3rd line at least.

IT supports buisnesses so imo any IT role is arguably a support role

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
    Boffy likes this.
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

+1 Cunningfox

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Sorry but what else could they be? They are part of an IS \ IT team that supports the business.

I tell people I work in IT, if they ask more then I tell them more, I don't say I work in IT Support, start telling people you work in IT and they won't assume you're a hell desk peep, telling them you work in IT Support and they will.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

agreed with all answers here.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

Thanks for the replies

in the office i am known as the I.T guru.

or the middle man

or hey your the one who does the technical support here.

or the dude who does I.T

or the technical person based on some project managers and some sales people

what do they really think of me:cry:

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Not a lot??

Seriously why is it a problem? as long as you do your job, get paid enough and are capable of doing the work what do you really care what people class you as?

You could be director of IT but still people will call you names (especially business people rather than IT aligned staff because they always view IT as their blockers).

Get on with doing your job rather than worrying about what other people do, earn, get called or when their birthdays are because if you carry on like this you're more than likely going to soon find yourself out of a job because of it (honestly all your posts seem to be about other peoples views\experiences etc, you need to live your own life and do your own job).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Depends how low old you were when you first had sex...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

real funny mate.