are ms press alone enough to pass both exams

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by 2036789, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

hi are the ms press and the test is the book alone sufficient to pass both exams i know craigie suggested cbt but its too expensive. i might get the sybex book aswell later, please reply thanks

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

That depends on you, it might be for some for others it might not.

Why not get some pracrice exams to see if you are ok with just what you have read.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

where can i get practice exam i dont want to pay too much because im ona limited budget

4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

This. I'm pretty certain I could pull off an exam using Technet website only. It wouldn't be fun nor easy though

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

?? i didnt understand what you just posted, im asking where could i get practice exams are there any free ones available

6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Didn't refresh before posting.

To answer your question yes there are some free available and you can look them up as well as the paid for ones on your search engine of choice.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can get them from any of the trusted exam providers (which means you have to pay)

Usually free ones mean they are braindumps which are illegal copies of the real exams, dont do them because if Microsoft suspect you of cheating you can be banned from taking any IT certs again, your employer could be notified and you may face criminal proceedings with a big fine at the end of it.

You get what you pay for.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

As already stated, it all depends on how much experience you have. The books, no matter who writes them will only take you so far, and only teach you so much.

For the MCDST, I used a combination of the Microsoft press books, the Internet and my own knowledge. I also setup a couple of virtual Windows XP machines so I could practice learning the utilities, functions and programs that XP offers.

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP