Appraisal time

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Nov 25, 2017.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

So I have one of these on Thurs

Do you think its worth mentioning to my boss I have seen my role or very similar for more money elsewhere?

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Grow a pair and tell him if he doesn't give you 100k pa you're leaving :;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  3. zxspectrum

Ha ha, that would be nice to get

I have noticed for the role I am doing and the responsibility I have, the wage isnt matching it.

Just done 2 more applications, one for a similar role and one for a level 2 role, so we shall see how that goes

4. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

I wouldn't. I'd wait until I get a new job offer.

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I did this at my last place but I went for low figure which they accepted. When I realised they really wanted to keep me I started to get carried away making crazy demands.. in the end think they were glad I was leaving. I say be realistic.. also just to add, I had a job offer before making these requests I wouldnt do this if I didnt have options.

6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Solid advice. If you have irons in the fire you can get away with more I think. I think as long as you're respectful and not demanding, you can enquire with something like, are our salary reviews based on the going rate here. Or do we have salary reviews here if you don't have them at all. If asked why do I ask Id just be honest and say oh you know what it's like, bills to pay, a few going up so I just wondered

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Personally, id set out the extra work you do and explain why you feel you deserve a rise. Be it comparing to the role you've seen against what you currently do.

8. zxspectrum

Some good advice there

Thanks

Ill not show my cards to the boss just yet