Application Form Help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by scottm, Feb 3, 2009.

1. scottm

scottm Bit Poster

Hi Guys,
    Just wanting to ask a view questions. Currently i have been stuck in my first ever job for over 5 years now. i feel its time to move on and up in the world and have found a job im really interested in and feel my chances might be quite high. however this is my first time ever filling in a application form and was looking some input as to what you would answer for the following questions just so i can get idea's and pointers:

1. Do you have a willingness to be co-operative and have good self-motivation?

2. Can you demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team?

3. Can you demonstrate the ability to apply a logical, methodical approach to problem identification and resolution?

4. Do you have 1 years’ working experience providing technical support in each of the following:-

a. Microsoft Active Directory
    b. Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003 and 2007
    c. Cisco switches
    d. Problem resolution in a data network of more than 100 devices including PCs, server, printers

5. Do you have 1 years experience working in an ICT support/development function?

you're ideas and pointers would be greatfully appricated.

regards,
    scott

Certifications: A+, CENT, MCTS, 70-271
    WIP: MCDST, CCNA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4a. yes
    4b. yes
    4c. yes
    4d. yes
    5. yes

Of course, that's what *I* would answer, as I can submit proof of all of that. You may or may not be able to, depending on your abilities and experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

1 and 2 are soft skill based

1 is more around self-management, getting your work done, planning work, getting on with the job, helping people.

2 is about being a team player. What have you done working as part of a team say covering for others, mentoring new colleagues.

3. This must be like your current day job, surely? For example, someone calls you and says monitor is blank. You can't check it because you're on the end of a phone. Is the power on? Is the PC turned off? Has the fuse gone? Is the whole office down? You need to show you can think for yourself what the cause of the issue is.

4. Only you know if you have really worked on those. If you haven't, don't lie because you will get found out.

5. Well, you've been doing it for 5 years...

Best of luck.

Gid