Apple Training (Amsys)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by billabongdom, Dec 17, 2006.

1. billabongdom

billabongdom New Member

Hello !
    I'm thinking of doing a course with Amsys in south London, it's a 7 days course and costs £2,350+vat.
    Does anyone know much about this course ? Can one really become a technician in 7 days.
    Thanks in advance !!!
    www.amsys.co.uk/training/courses/acdt.html

2. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

"Can one really become a technician in 7 days?"

That seems very expensive. I have not heard of this course before so I don't have an idea of the content.

Answering your question above the answer you probably aready know! Of course not. It takes years working with them to be a useful technician.

I support 4 MAC's along with the 2,000 PC's at my work. Everytime I look at a problem on them (not very often once or twice a year) I still feel like I'm looking at technology from another planet!

Dodgy mice and weird layout! I guess I've been Microsoft-alyzed!

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I looked into this last year when I was considering getting a couple of Mac's in for designing (I wasn't looking at that company just the course/cert).

The Apple Certified Desktop Technician (ACDT) is Apple's equivalent to MS's MCDST, see here for Apples cert site. In my opinion the 7 day boot camps are to compacted and unless you have previous knowledge in the subject itself, you'd be struggling with the course work as well as the exam at the end of the 7 days.

So to answer your question, "yes" it is possible to become an Apple certified technician in 7 days (by I also say it depends on your personal curcumstances/knowledge).

You could also consider self-study, if you buy 2 Apple Mini Mac's and Apple's self-study pack, you'd be saving approx £1000. But then again self-study doesn't suit everyone.

Hope this helps

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security