Apple iMac requiring OS X Install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowwebs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I've had an iMac delivered to the office with a faulty hard drive, not bootable at all by any means. They need a new copy of OS X Mavericks installing but we have no copies of this so I need to get hold of one I can put on a bootable USB.

Any ideas where I start with this? All the guides I am finding at the minute point to downloading OS X Mavericks before formatting the hard drive.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hmm unless you got another mac downloaded the OS from the store on that mac and mate it a bootable usb? I know very little about macs but im fairly sure you can download the OS from the store so doing so on another mac might work.

3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Who delivered this or where did you buy it from? Surely they should provide you with a new copy of the OS?

Do you not have a mac server in your office you can just image the machine?

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Juelz, yes this is correct but unfortunately the other imacs at the minute are running earlier versions... to be honest, I may just need to go down to that route.

ZX... no mac server, were running a bit behind with the times.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)