AOL!!!

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Jun 19, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Its true!! I rang AOL and I was acting as a customer who was thinking about getting ADSL. I told the guy I had 4 telephone points but didnt really want to use the ext boxes. How can I connect my ADSL from the main socket to the room upstairs where the PC is? The guy responded with using an ADSL ext cable. I asked wouldnt it be better to use a normal ext cable? The guy said we dont really advise of that cos from past experience (I wonder :roll: ) this has caused problems. it only causes problems if the distance for the ext cable is of more than about 10m or so. so I concluded with so I need to have the filter at main socket and ADSL ext cable going upstairs and he said yes. well I suppose the guy is right but I am still sticking with my solution of having ext cable at main socket and filter upstairs cos not everyone can afford these ADSL cables...at least I hope they can.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Waliu, I'm not too sure what the problem is but I run a normal telephone extension cable from the filter to my router with no problems at all. :wink:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685