Anyone use/ used zoneedit?

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by punkboy101, Oct 5, 2004.

1. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone here has used or uses Zoneedit?

I'm making some changes here at work today, and the tech that was here before me used Zoneedit for Mail forwarding and DNS. I've been looking around it, and everything seems pretty straight forward and easy to use and change.

I've never had any prob's with the service since i've been here, but it has only been 2 months.

Just wondering what people who have used it think/thought about it.

Andy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

yup use it for my pheo.org domain :)

great little FREE utility
    very powerful

i have about 8 A records set up, pointing to the same IP, that apache can re direct to seperate sites on the same http server
    plus MX forwarding for @pheo.org email, which is currently errr, down :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'm just about to start using it at work as I carry out migration of several email domains onto new server platforms. However, I'm still locked in battle with our hoary old engineer who will not give me the user and pass for it, cos theres some other stuff on there that I'm banned from ...:x

But its MX records I'll be dealing with, so I'll read this thread with interest as it develops (hopefully)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

I haven't really had a chance yet to make the changes I want to, but I did have a look at it yesterday, and I must say i'm impressed so far, especially for the price lol :D

I'm just about to start testing, now that i have a couple of hours to myself.

Oh, and while I was typing this message, my test email arrived in my gmail inbox! Only set-up the test account 10 min's ago. Impressive! :D

Look's like something might go well for once lol

I'll keep you posted

Andy

Edit: Look's like I spoke too soon, damn ISP problems. :x :cussing

now, where's that friendly armidillo when you need to do some ISP bashing??? :biggrin

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I saw him head off THATAWAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :tune

Well, I used it today at last - piece of cake to work, I'm thoroughly impressed.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity