Anyone Use ****** Study Guides?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jada, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Jada

Jada Bit Poster

Just seen the ******** site just wondering if anyones using their study guides and if its anygood.

Jada

Mod edit (Z) - removed BD names

WIP: A+, N+
  2. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

no. they are braindumps.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Agreed. Avoid them at all costs. They are scum. :x

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

That answer your question Jada! :biggrin

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

just to explain what testking are jada - they send people to do the tests then write down the questions on the paper provided to them at testing centres - these then are posted onto the internet and people buy the actual *test* thats how you end up being certified and not knowing anything about your cert! You will suffer in the end when you get the job you supposibly know (you have the cert which says im a MCSE or CCNA or whatever) and cant do a single thing that one of those people do. So dont cheat yourself and study hard and you will reap the rewards later.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I have to agree with the sentiments so far.

'You will only get out what you've put in..' as the adage goes.If I put in 100% effort to LEARN,not memorise,the answers and pass the exams then I've achieved my goal 100%.If I decide to braindump my way through the exams then I've given little to gain little.You could argue that the end result is the same-we both have a certification-but the satisfaction and achievment of knowing the subject matter would be lacking in braindumps.

In short it's your choice ultimately so weigh up the odds and ask yourself what you really want to achieve by taking a certification exam.

Here's some more info on *********..http://infosec1.com/ ...scroll halfway down to 'IT certification cheating'..

Certifications: A+ Network+
  7. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

If your studying braindumps may as well study the real thing, like posts say you get a great feeling of achievement knowing that all the hardwork you put in has paid off.

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  8. liza

liza Banned

i use these ************** but i found them very good as i passed my exams in good marks.

9. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

no, really? of course you will pass the exams, but you are cheating.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

liza please remove that link to the site - otherwise its could lead to more severe problems.

thanks

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi there liza, welcome to CF.

As you will see I have removed the links to the site that you referenced because that site is what is known as a braindump site.

Braindumps, just incase you are not aware are the use of actual exam questions, which breach the terms and conditions of the Non Disclosure Agreement that you must agree to when you take certification exams.

For further information on Cert Forums' stance on braindumps please read the Terms and Conditions

8)

12. hubby

hubby Banned

Surely the exam questions are different every time. Randomly selected, as it were.

WIP: A+
  13. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

To cut a long story short if you need to cheat to pass the exams then surely It is not the industry for you to work . :dry

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  14. Jada

Jada Bit Poster

Very good question surely you wouldn't retake the same exam if you failed at your first attempt.

WIP: A+, N+
  15. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

the exams are generated from a pool of questions. the size of each individual exam pool is unknown, but is estimated at 250 questions for an average exam. get enough dumpers, and you have the entire pool for such exam.

16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm sorry, Liza. But when you use a braindump, you are not only cheating on the test, you are cheating yourself and whoever may hire you. If you want to be respected, actually learn the material and learn how to network. Passing a cert exam is all fine and well, but if in the end, you don't know what you are doing on the job, you won't succeed.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  17. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Methinks I smell braindump spam

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1