Anyone play diablo2 online ?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Bambino1506, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Anyone else still play diablo2 online ?

Used to play diablo and have finally got round to buying diablo2, 7 years late I know !!

Great game and love playing on battle.net

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

nope, aint played it for yonks! :)

waiting for Starcraft 2 eagerly though

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Bambino1506

C'mon Phoneix Diablo2 deals out the pwnage to starcraft, dust off the disc and get back on battle.net

Starcraft was good 2, just prefer Diablo. Warcraft was good fun 2.

Blizzard make amazing games.

4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Arrr its all about the old school Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, Warcraft was wicked as well though.

Use to play RTCW, SOF2, COD... man I miss them days :(

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

AVP2 in the dark at a LAN party with 20 of your mates is a ****ing SCARY experiance!
    I assure you

Nah Diablo got lame VERY quickly after finishing the game the first time
    'oh yes, you can now play again, but harder'
    whoopy do, thats lazy development

My Lvl 70 - 72 chars were about as far as I could bother going in that game
    even that took considerable time :)

6. Bambino1506

Yeah i prefer the old school ones 2, remember getting the first command and conquer on a demo disc with a pc mag years ago, it was the first game like that I had seen and it was friggin amazing.

Red alert was great 2, and warcraft + warcraft2, starcraft....all amazing.

The later stuff all seems so graphical and complicated, and not much gameplay.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I used to play, and still have it installed (I played all 7 classes, and only my Sorceress made it up to level 70). But I've largely abandoned it in favor of Titan Quest. Highly recommended if you love Diablo 2... it's what Diablo 3 should've been.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Bambino1506

Wow nice BM I will check out that Titan Quest :p

I've just started Diablo 2 as barbarian class.

9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

All this talk of games makes me realise, I *REALLY* need a new decent game to play on the PC... might have a look at the Titan Quest as well....

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  10. Bambino1506

LOL nice one nxplosi

Can you play titan class online like battle.net BM ?

11. BosonMichael

Be sure to get the expansion as well... Titan Quest: The Immortal Throne. It fixes absolutely *everything* that the original TQ game didn't get right the first time. You'll be glad you did.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. BosonMichael

I believe so, but I only play in single-player mode.

13. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

We picked up Titan quest as a side game for our LAN a few months ago
    ended up spending the whole LAN playing it LOL

was awesome but you got stupidly wealthy and powerful in the latter parts of the game :)
    I am inspired to re install with the expansion now :)

14. BosonMichael

The expansion gives you tons of ways to spend your money... skill point reallocations, enchantments, pulling charms off items (destroying one or the other), each of which costs money. :)

If you think you're too powerful at the end of Normal mode, go through the next difficulty level, where you've got a permanent negative reduction to your protection percentages.

15. Bambino1506

Phoneix, where did u meet these LAN gamers and where do you play and what games ? sounds cool.

16. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I started playing diablo 2 LOD online just recently with Necromancer as my character. I never played untill recentely I always play counter strike source. But diablo 2 is a fun game once you know what you are doing.

BM, I took a quick glance at Titan Quest and it looks very good, I am tempted to buy it. I probably will after diablo 2 so no longer interesting to play.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  17. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I use to meet people for LAN's, usually consisted of my SOF2 team #voltz ... plus going to Tournament LAN's hosted around the world. They seriously are absolutely wicked, serious money can be involved as well :biggrin

18. BosonMichael

D2 will never be "no longer interesting" to play, especially if you have no alternative and don't know that there's anything better out there. TQ has actually made me consider uninstalling D2 (or, at least, not reinstalling it after I do a system wipe).

19. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I've been going to LAN parties for about 10 years now, started with the small MPUKs until they got too big, then moved on to RoWebs and ShotgunLANS

now just have a few friends around once every month or two and play some games :)

20. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with you, these they have much better looking games plus the actual games are just as interesting if not better then the older ones like diablo 2. I play C&C tiberium wars a lot an that game is very well made and fun to play. The reason I am playing diablo 2 is because I never did before and my friends are playing it so we can play in a lan.

TQ looks even better now, after reading up on it a little. I think I am going to get this week or next week. I showed it to my friends they definitely want to try it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA