Anyone know when they are retiring the N10-004 Network+ exam?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Coupe2T, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Apologies if this has been covered, but looking at doing a course for the Network+ exam, but I see they have a new one on the way but i'm guessing the trainign course at present still covers the older exam. So just a little concerned that they might retire the exam before I get to sit it.

Anyone any idea when the new exam comes into place and when the old one will be stopped?

Cheers

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

To my knowledge they arent retiring it yet. I believe they are still inviting subject matter experts for a new exam.

My best guess is it is miles off, so i wouldnt worry. I passed mine in August and its fairly straightforward. The Network+ is renewable every 3 years though.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah I know they are renewable, that's fine. I will hopefully have a couple of years experience in a network support role by the time it comes to renewing so should be able to get through it again without too much hassle etc.

Merely doing them as part of the agreement with my company to get into the network support role. I have no doubts I will be able to do the job once I get into it, they just want me to sure up my basic understanding etc of how things work and why they work the way they do! The wonders of the OSI model, gotta love it!!! lol.

Lets hope I get it through in time then before it does retire. Planning on doing the exam probably by no later than feb anyway, so as long as it lasts until then, I should be good! :)

4. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

Youll be fine. Even if they do change it they will communicate it widely so you will know. They also tend to give you some notice as well (so if they told you in march they were going to change it they would give you till the end of the year before it was "retired").

Good luck.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Cool, nice one!

Cheers buddy!