anyone into podcasts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by d-Faktor, Dec 29, 2005.

1. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

just wondering, is anyone listening to podcasts, and if so, what are your fave shows?

to kick this off, i always listen to:

cinecast
    diggnation
    this week in tech
    nobody likes onions
    science friday
    this week in science

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Never really listened to any of them before.

Am I right in thinking that they are simply 'the best bits' from those shows?

Also, do they only work on Ipods? or can any MP3 player download them?

:unsure

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

no, these examples (except science friday, and maybe this week in science, though i'm not sure) are full fledged shows, created especially for the internet / podcasting.
    indeed some radio shows are also available as podcasts, some in the form of "the best bits", but mostly podcasts are full internet shows in their own right.
    anyone can create a podcast, so there are thousands of shows out there, which can be a bit daunting, but mostly the more professional ones with decent content float to the top.

you don't need an ipod to listen to podcasts. any mp3 player will do. technically you don't even need an mp3 player. since they are mp3's you can also listen to them right off your pc.

4. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

I Know the ones from most BBC radio stations are the best bits. They come in mp3 format or as a free download to ipod

Certifications: mcse
    WIP: MCSE 2003