Anyone here worked for an ISP before?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by reverb, Oct 25, 2009.

1. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Hi,

What do people generally do after doing 1st line at an ISP? Obviously I know there's 2nd line and so on. I mean I'm only asking because I'd hate to get stuck in an ISP environment because of the lack of exposure to other stuff if I worked at such a place. How hard is it to make a jump from an ISP to a say corporate company?

Anyone here who has worked at an ISP (1st line) before care to share? :biggrin

2. Albert

Albert Bit Poster

Thanks for posting about this. It is what I want to know too.

I currently work in an ISP support environment for SKY broadband. This is within an outsourced call center though. It has been 5 weeks in since initial employment and training.

The role requires strict adherence to set procedures and can be frustrating when your not allowed to resolve problems when you think you may be able to. It can also be difficult to deal with angry or uncooperative customers, :rolleyes:

I would like to know how to progress onwards, not just environment wise but also technically.