Anyone here use Brainbench?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by piccadilly, Jan 14, 2009.

1. piccadilly

piccadilly Byte Poster

Do you find it useful for practising questions while preparing for Exams?

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Certguard don't seem to have anything bad to say about them

(See: brainbench.com)

but I'm not sure if you mean for vendor certs or soft skills. If the latter then they are US based and so courses etc may not tie in well to the UK

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I use to use Brainbench when I was starting out, as they're not qualifications they are more along the lines of the "Statement of Completion" that you get from Learndirect.

To be honest "no", I haven't used them in preparation for any exam and I don't plan to use them for preparation for any future exams.

I do have to say that they are also good for candidate selection.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, not really.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Not heard of it I'm afraid as I will only be using Boson practice exams from now on.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. BosonMichael

Wow, strong statement, considering you were a big endorser of other companies in the past! Thanks!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. greenbrucelee

No worries, when you tried the others and thought this'll will do and then you try something else which is far superior in terms of quality and precision your not gonna go for anything less.

8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Agree - strong statement.
    You never know that the next training material you use from Boson, is going to be as good as <insert another competitor> for that particular exam, unless you purchase both of them.
    I've never used Boson, but then again, i wouldn't commit myself to one, regardless of how good their last product was.
    No disrespect to the Boson crew.

9. greenbrucelee

Well I now have three different A+ exams preplogic, Transcender and the Boson one I am reviewing.

I understand that one product may never be as good as the last but here's my take on the practice exams I have for the A+

Transcender full of spelling mistakes and dodgy English and emails every single day just because I purchased their product.

Preplogic I thought was ok apart from having a weak gui aswell as emails everyday because I purchased their product

Boson can't fault it at present.

10. BosonMichael

Well, good companies are going to have the same standards of quality consistently... particularly with regards to practice exams, where the same group of writers and editors is on every exam. It's not like book publishers, where you could have anyone under the sun writing it...