Anyone heard of Repairline?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Lord Deckard, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Completely forgot I'd applied for this (I've been a busy bunny!) but got a call today asking me to go to an interview on Monday! It's for a field technician, all the usual 'experience of windows, hardware fixes, blah..blah' but they don't appear to have a website. I know they're based in Castleford and seem to do contracts for lots of PC manufacturers but beyond that....
    Don't suppose we've got any Repairline employees on here have we?

Lord Deckard.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Dunno about employees, I've never even heard of them :)

Best of luck with the interview though! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Got a link? repairline in to google brings up a domain that has been registered with no holding page.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

It also brings up an interesting discussion on another forum, incase your interested! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Never heard of them.

Good luck in your interview :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

An interesting read. :eek:

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  7. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Yeah, I googled and found the interesting thread as well! As Boyce says, the domain is registered but that's it. They've been around a while as far as I can tell but what the hell! An interviews an interview, eh?

8. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Just in case the guy who PM'd me is reading; I PM'd you back but I've not heard from you yet and the interview is tomorrow morning. Get in touch mate?

Lord Deckard.

9. reksuk

reksuk New Member

Hi mate

If I were you I would stay clear of them - I put my resignation in just after 4 weeks - email me for the full details.
    It's got so bad my am having to seek legal advice.

Certifications: HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering
    WIP: A+ Certification
  10. pcengineer

pcengineer New Member

Please contact me if anyone knows the wherabouts of Repairline, I sent in the bailiffs last week to Carrwood lane and it appears they have done a bunk.

I had a successfull tribunal claim against these cowboys and just hope that any prospective employees of this company take some notice from these forums and steer well clear that is of course if they are still trading.

11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Interesting, is this for real or just a joke:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. pcengineer

pcengineer New Member

This is not a joke, trust me.

The bailiffs were sent from Pontefract CC and informed me that they ceased trading there and that no saleable goods were at that address and local enquiries have not indicated the debtors wherabouts.

13. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

are they only a local company as opposed to national ?

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  14. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

I attended an interview with Repairline back in June for the Westmidlands job.
    At the interview I was offered the job on the spot and was told i would get a letter of confirmation in the post and would be expected to start in a month.

Two weeks later I hadnt heard anything and was getting worried:unsure seems as I foolishly started to turn down jobs cause of these guys. I decided to ring Repairline and after some effort I found out that I had infact NOT got the job :cussing and a letter was in the post. Apparently the guy who interviewed me was not aware his boss had allready selected someone... even tho this was supposidly the senior engineer, so why he dint know beats me :confused2

Needless to say I never did get any letter from them... luckily i was able to go hat in hand and see if i could still be considered for the jobs i turned down.... luckily i got one of them :biggrin

Guess it was a kind of blessing in disguise seems as i too read those intresting thread's about Repairline...
    Still everything happens for a reason.

But Dont let that put you off and Good luck with your interview, let us all know how it went and how u feel about them :D

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  15. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Well, the address I went to for my interview was;

RepairLine Ltd, Unit 2 Carr Wood Industrial Estate, Carr Wood Road, Castleford, WF10 4SB.

The company name on the sign outside was *slightly* different, I think it was Repairline UK Ltd or something similar. A quick look on the companies house website throws up the above address and also

REPAIR-LINE LIMITED
    UNIT 2 MARTREE BUSINESS PARK
    THUNDER RIDGE GLASSHOUGHTON
    CASTLEFORD
    WEST YORKSHIRE WF10 4UA

Hope this helps? I haven't heard anything from them since my interview and I'm not holding my breath either. When the guy interviewing you says QUOTE "we have a really high turnover of field engineers" UNQUOTE you do have to wonder, eh?

Lord Deckard.

16. d-link

d-link New Member

STAY CLEAR, FOR F**k SAKE JUST STAY CLEAR. CANT SAY WHY ON HERE. BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, JUST DONT EVEN GO THERE. EMAIL ME FOR DETAILS

17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

d-link...please don't post in all capital letters. It's the Internet equivalent to shouting. Also, I PMed you with a request. Cheers.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  18. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

he's shouting so we can hear him in the other forums :D

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  19. pcengineer

pcengineer New Member

d-link also contributes to Romulus in Repairlines defence, are you an employee fishing?

20. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I noticed that too pcengineer!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...