Anyone have a clue???

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Em, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Em

Em Bit Poster

I have just created a lovely site but need a bit of advice on the form mail issue!!! I have done it all before on a different site but seem to have had a bit of a memory problem since. The site is with 'easy internet solutions' but i can't find a topic on there site about the forms! Help please!!!! :eek:

Certifications: Diploma level3 Web Design?
    WIP: CIW
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

now there's a vague question, if any. if you tell us your problem in more detail, we just might be able to help.

3. Em

Em Bit Poster

Sorry, i have put two forms on my site but can't remember how to get the forms sent to my e-mail addy??? :rolleyes: i've looked back and done the same as i did before but it really doesn't want to co-operate? Is there a simple/easier way to get the form up and running! Thanks x

4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

still not very clear. what's the url? maybe if we had a look at the forms, it'll become a little easier to see what you mean.

keep in mind that the form is just a bunch of entry fields. your form requires an action attribute that usually points to a script. this script is the one that does the actual sending.

5. Em

Em Bit Poster

6. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

if you're talking about the forms on the ordering and the commisions pages, the action attribute is not defined.

Code:
    <form name="form1" action="">

7. Em

Em Bit Poster

so i did do it but not saved it, now i have put that to 'post'then on submit action do i put the email addy??

8. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

furthermore, the id and name attributes of some of your input elements are not correct. they must begin with a letter, and may be followed by any number of letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, colons and periods. nothing else. they cannot be followed, as you have done, by forward slashes, white space and ampersands. also, your ids and names should be different. and you cannot use the same id twice.

there are a lot of other mistakes. but i focussed just on the forms.

9. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

no. the post goes with the method attribute. the action attribute requires the script that does the actual sending. you do have a send mail script, right?

10. Em

Em Bit Poster

<form action="[email protected]" method="post" name="Contact/Ordering form" id="Contact/Ordering form">
    <input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="[email protected]">

maybe some thing like this??? :oops: I bet you wish you didn't reply now ;)

11. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

no no no. the action attribute needs to point to a script. i don't know how else to put it. you need a little program to process the data from the form.

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Use FrontPage - it will do it all for you!

Or I regularly use ASPmail.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009