Anyone got any knowledge of software testing as a job role?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Juelz, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Be interested in hearing what your experience/knoweldge is in this area?

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I write my own software and test it, sometimes my work has fulltime testers to do the offical sign off, other times the developers do it.
    Nowadays we always have regression test suites, coverage analysis, code quality static analysis, and CI/CD pipelines.

In the old days I used to test embedded hardware manualy with signal generators to simulate various input transducers.

3. alexsa

alexsa New Member

Understanding the different stages of the testing life cycle, from test planning and design to execution and reporting, is crucial. Testers ensure that testing aligns with the development process like open apk on mac.

4. alexsa

alexsa New Member

Software testing is a crucial aspect of the software development process, ensuring that software applications meet quality standards and function as intended.

5. Juzesse

Juzesse New Member

One thing I've learned is that attention to detail is key in software testing. Whether it's identifying bugs, analyzing requirements, or creating test cases, precision is essential to delivering high-quality software. Additionally, strong problem-solving skills are a must-have, as you'll often encounter complex issues that require creative solutions.
    Also, if you're looking to earn some extra cash, there are apps out there that offer fun and engaging ways to win real money. Whether it's through games, surveys, or cashback rewards, these apps can be a great way to supplement your income while honing your testing skills.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024