Anyone else got Fallout New Vegas?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guy's,

Got the game yesterday after work and have been playing it. Game play is similar (if not identical) to Fallout 3, so no real learning curve there. However the game itself (so far) is just as enjoyable as it's predecessor.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I thought F3 was... meh. It was ok, but nothing special really. Didnt bother to pick up any of the DLC

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I agree with Fergal, I will see if there are any demos before purchasing.

I thought fallout 3 was too hyped up for what it really was.

This is why I am playing Mass Effect 2 again.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja

Finished ME2, did restart it but lost interest. I'm actually playing FO NV in conjunction with Desd Rising 2. I guess it depends on what games you like :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. TechySuperOZ

TechySuperOZ Bit Poster

Fallout 3 is amazing, loved that game. Vegas looks pretty much the same game set in different environment. Just need time to play it, spend good 50 hours+ on fallout 3 (I need to go out more). Waiting for gamestation christmas sale. I do recall fallout 3 been sold for half price weeks after release!

Certifications: CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: MCTS
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'm trying to raise my paragon/renegade level so I can import my character into Mass Effect 3 next year.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I think I've got very similar tastes to you Ken, I adored Fallout 3. Me and my mates would talk for ages about things we'd found and missions we were on. One massive disappointment was that when you completed it you couldn't continue to play the game, completing all the side missions. I hope they have sorted that in the new one. I'll order it off play now. I love the Mass Effect games too tho. Not enough hours in the day is there lads :S

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  8. Kitkatninja

That's what I was trying to do, then my PC crashed and I had to reinstall everything...

Know what you mean, as I recall you had to buy the expansion in order to continue to play the game...

-Ken

9. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

One of the DLC allows you to continue after you finish the main game. I was playing through FO3 but have taken a break from it but will complete it soon. It's not as good as people say it is IMO as there isn't all that much variety in enemies and quests but it's still pretty enjoyable. Probably won't get Vegas until it's bargain basement as got too many games still in their wrappers.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  10. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

First off apologies for bringing up a old topic.................

but i remember a few comments regarding waiting for the price of the game to come down before people buy this

A radio Advert featuring Brian Blessed, this morning on Galaxy announced

Gamestation are selling the game at 19.99 until 1st december, knocked down from £39.99.:)

Although by the looks of it no one has told the Gamestation web site team - sounds about right

Itdidnt mention any specific stores, or requirements so might be worth popping into your local Gamestation if anyone is interedted

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  11. andylb

andylb New Member

I have lost my life to fallout new vegas over the past few weeks! Annoyingly there's one bug which is stopping me from completing a mission.

I have spotted a load of other bugs, but none that affect the gameplay, just interesting "occurrences" in the game, like in one building I killed a robot, and he immediately started bouncing from the ceiling to the floor incredibly fast, like a pinball!

Certifications: ICND1, MCDST, MCTS (Vista, why!?), A+,
    WIP: CCNA, ITIL F, Prince2 F, MCSA
  12. Kitkatninja

Finished the main quest and quite a few of the side ones as well after just over 60 hours of game play. Was pleased that the first DLC is going to be released for New Vegas, but.... it's exclusively for the Xbox 360 :(

-Ken